Splendid Small Town Culture
With a splendidly well-preserved small-town culture, Lititz is a treasure spot in the heart of Lancaster County. Boasting a vibrant downtown, Main and Broad Street are lined with unique shops a short walking distance away from beautiful Lititz Springs Park. Lititz offers trendy eateries, craft beer, and one-of-a-kind coffee and pastry shops. Get your sweet and salty fix by visiting the Wilbur Chocolate Museum and store followed by a trip to the Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery.
You’ll be pleased to discover the Downtown Lititz Farmers Market where fresh produce, baked goods, and entertainment are available each Saturday spring through fall. Lititz hosts many well-loved events from car shows to the famous Fourth of July extravaganza.
Surrounded by rolling farmland and rooted in rich heritage, it has a steady heartbeat of tradition and history. This blending of old and new is what sets it apart from other small-town destinations; with residents and visitors alike relishing in its timeless and vibrant ambiance. Continuing to earn it’s way into the heart of many, Lititz is sure to delight all who pass through!
SOME FACTS ABOUT LITITZ
- Lititz is located in Lancaster County, approximately 8 miles north of the city of Lancaster.
- Lititz was named in 1756 and incorporated in 1888.
- Lititz Borough has a population of 9,385 people, and occupies a total area of 2.3 square miles.
- Pennsylvania Routes 772 (Main Street) and 501 (Broad Street) are the major East-West and North-South streets in the town.
- In 2013 Lititz was voted America’s Coolest Small Town by Budget Travel.
- Lititz was awarded the Distinctive Destination/National Trust of Historic Preservation award.
- Lititz is home to many internationally known companies such as BB&T, Wilbur Chocolate, Johnson & Johnson, Woodstream, Tait Towers, Clair Global and Atomic Design.
WATCH OUR VIDEO
Today Lititz is a favorite destination of tourists, daytrippers and vacationers from nearby and far away. If you’re planning your first visit, check out the articles below.