Count Nicholas von Zinzendorf of Saxony, Germany, founder of the modern day Moravian Church, established our town and named it Lititz in 1756. From the beginning, only Moravians were permitted to live in the village which lasted until 1855 when Lititz was opened to others thus creating a community that has a historic and friendly appeal with an entrepreneurial spirit. Buildings along Main Street dating back to the early 18th century are quiet sentinels of our earlier settlers. These Centuries old buildings have been historically restored and now house over seventy independently owned shops and boutiques.
Now, utilizing our historic attributes, our sense of community and the entrepreneurial spirit, Lititz has the tremendous opportunity to move into the next century with the perfect ingredients of hometown charm with an upscale and sophisticated urban flair.